The Gerstacker Committee would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the basic eligibility criteria for a nominee and the selection procedures.
The basic criteria:
- Must have a Michigan teaching certificate.
- Must be a tenured teacher with three or more continuous years of service with MPS.
- Must be under employment contract for the upcoming year (not retiring).
The selection committee is comprised of:
- A Member of the Midland Public Schools Board of Education
- President of the Midland City Education Association (MCEA)
- Chair of the MCEA Professional Standards Committee
- An MPS Administrator
- Gerstacker recipient from the previous year
Nominations are due Friday, April 16, 2021. Please remember that a nominee can be any certified MPS staff member, which includes those working with students outside of the regular classroom.
Visit our awards page to view past recipients and the nomination form